Neighborhood assets located in Centennial Hill are considerable. They include:
1. The Anchor Institutions of HBCU Alabama State University, founded in 1867; and Jackson Hospital, a Level 3 Trauma Center, which is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and has numerous Centers of Excellence.
2. The historic Ben Moore Hotel, which served as a meeting place during the Civil Rights era.
3. The 40-acre Oak Park, which includes a zoo and the Gayle Planetarium.
4. The Martin Luther King Parsonage.
5. The Centennial Hill Community Gardens.
6. An Interpretive Center featuring historic exhibits and literature concerning the MLK, Jr. years.
7. The historic St. John the Baptist Catholic Church.
Other assets include an engaged resident community and the shared goals of community partners.